Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happiness

The best part of being really happy: No one and nothing can bring you down.

I'm at such an awesome place in my life right now, things have really come together the past few days. Letting go of certain things and starting fresh with others. AND having the HONESTY and the BALLS to do both LOL

I'm not gonna lie and say it hasn't been hard, because it has. However, the rewards are well worth all of it.

I could say so much. I have so much to say. I think it's all better reserved for another time and place. However, what I can say is this...there are certain things in life that are just meant to be, and when you find them you hold on tight and get ready for the wild ride, because it's all worth it.

ONE single day can change so many things in our lives. The changes that happen in a day are amazing as well. And wow, it's been a great day.

My choices as of late have helped to make myself, and ALL of those in my life, the happiest we've been in a very long time. Who could really ask for more?

Well, time for me to go to bed. I have a very special person to make dinner for tomorrow (aka Val lol love ya) since it's my turn to cook, but before all of that it's grocery shopping, the gym, barn chores and who knows what else.

Heard this song twice today and it just seemed appropriate...

I ain't settlin'
For just getting by
I've had enough so-so
For the rest of my life
Tired of shooting too low
So raise the bar high
"Just enough," ain't enough this time
I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything

And for someone special:

There's somethin' 'bout the way the street looks when it's just rained
There's a glow off the pavement, you walk me to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot, yeah

We're drivin' down the road, I wonder if you know
I'm tryin' so hard not to get caught up now
But you're just so cool, run your hands through your hair
Absent-mindedly makin' me want you

And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless
And I don't know why but with you I dance
In a storm in my best dress, fearless

So baby drive slow 'til we run out of road
In this one horse town, I wanna stay right here
In this passenger seat, you put your eyes on me
In this moment, now capture it, remember it

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress, fearless

Well, you stood there with me in the doorway
My hands shake, I'm not usually this way
But you pull me in and I'm a little more brave
It's the first kiss, it's flawless, really somethin'
It's fearless

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress, fearless

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress, fearless

No comments:

Post a Comment