Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Entitlement

I'm starting to wonder...since when are Military wives entitled to everything? Or at least when did they start demanding things like they are?

In reality, the government does not owe you a damned thing. It is not your name on the dotted line. They do not HAVE to pay for your school or for any of the other things they pay for. Instead of whining about the things they won't pay for that you want maybe you all should be thankful for the things they do pay for that, realistically, they don't have to nor do they owe YOU. Your service member? I agree, they should have all of the benefits in the world. Yes, their families should have some. But us have everything? No. Yes, it's hard being left at home, waiting, putting up with the Army life, etc. but nothing is owed to us because we are not the ones fighting wars and we are not the ones in harms way. End of story. Everyone in this country needs to stop thinking that they're entitled to things. What happened to working for what you have? Is that a by gone concept?

It seems that more and more lately people feel they're entitled to things they want and/or need and that they shouldn't have to work for or earn these things but that they should be handed to them. I'm not sure where this idea comes from and it's mostly among the younger twenty somethings and teens. It's honestly annoying. I always learned if you want something then work for it. End of story. I'm not saying I haven't been given things or that being given things isn't nice, what I'm saying is that nothing is owed to you so don't demand it as if it is.

I would like someone to do my laundry today and clean my house but that's obviously not going to happen so....instead I'm going to get off my ass and do it.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment